A few tips on Boat Donations:
- Consult a tax professional for donation to charity
- Make sure you familiarize yourself with the IRS publications on the topic
- A Donor’s Guide to Vehicle Donation
- Publication 526, Charitable Contributions
- IRS rules for determining maximum deductions for charitable contributions
You can deduct contributions to charity only if you itemize deductions on Schedule A of Form 1040 and attach a 1098-C form which you receive from the organization you donate to, with your tax return.